Covid-19 Shuts Down Country & Schools

School Closures Drives Instruction Online & Affects AP Tests & SATs

Covid-19 Shuts Down Country & Schools

The last couple of months have brought much uncertainty across the globe and especially in the United States. With much of the country shutting down due to the coronavirus, otherwise known as COVID-19, the American people have been put into disarray. 

COVID-19 has taken hold of over 2,800,000 people across the world and has taken the lives of over 200,000, approximately 7% of all cases. With respiratory symptoms that can lead to the onset of pneumonia, the coronavirus is not something to be toyed with.

Coming with the rapid spread of the coronavirus is the forced shutdown of countries across the globe, including airports, borders, businesses, and other workplaces.

The fallout of shutdowns includes nearly every school system around the country has been shut down for the rest of their academic years, and students are now forced to learn new information through online courses.

However, with the onset of online classes and the removal of physical appearance in school, this raised massive concerns for those who were set to take an Advanced Placement exam or SAT in the Spring. 

With those students who must take online versions of those tests, many parents and faculty have raised concerns about the validity of having students be able to essentially cheat from home. 

In the first link, students can find their online AP exam date, which is being distributed by the original manufacturer, the College Board. The second link contains details and the date to the makeup SAT, which will be held in the Fall. 

1. https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/educators/taking-the-exams/ap-exam-schedule
  2. https://pages.collegeboard.org/sat-covid-19-updates

The AP Exams and SATs / ACTs are important, but the thing every person should worry about the most in this time of ambivalence and unease is the wellbeing of yourself and those around you. Take all of the necessary precautions that are being placed and jarred into your mind over and over, because they matter.

At the end of the day, almost all of us just want this epidemic to be over with. The only way to reach that goal is if we all practice good health and good faith.