Westward Expansion Presents: Student Spotlights!

Marisol Villalobos

Here are some more wonderful students but today we got to hear from some on the west campus. First up: Naveah Cameron, 9th grade.

What is your name and how are you today?Naveah Cameron and I am fine.”

What do you like or don’t like about this school?  I like the teachers. I don’t like the options for the vending machines; they never have water.”

What’s your favorite class so far?My favorite class so far, oh that’s hard. My seminar, because I like my seminar teacher, and my English class.”

Do you have a favorite teacher if so then who?Mrs Falsone, she is nice and cool. I also like Mr. Seippel, he’s a cool teacher, he’s pretty laid back, he’s helpful and not just with school stuff.”

Do you have an extracurricular or do any sports if so which ones and do you like them?Track, yes, and it is very tiring.”

What do you think about the west campus?It’s old you can tell that by seeing it, the students most, well not all of them, are immature, they need better air conditioning . Most the time it’s cold but it gets really hot. “

Do you think the main campus will be better or worse? “Better, I mean, it’s bigger and it’s not old.”

If you could go back and change one of your classes what would you change and why?Change my geometry to honor geometry because I wanted to do it this year but I couldn’t, it would switch my entry schedule up.” 

Thank you.

The next person I talked to was Kessiae.

What is your name and how are you today?Kessiae, I am doing amazing.”

What do you like or dislike about this school?  “It’s alright, I hate the schedules. If you change one class you have to change them all. “

What is your favorite class so far?   “My favorite class is science not because of the teacher, but because of who’s in it.”

Who is your favorite teacher and why?My seminar teacher Miss. Long because I go to her class for seminar and gym back to back.”

Are you in any extracurricular activities if so which ones and do you like them?  “I am trying out for track. I think I am going to like it, I am just nervous if I am going to make it or not.”

What are some things that you like or dislike about the west campus? “I hate that it’s very cold and it’s hot in the gym. I hate the front of the school, I hate a couple of the teachers, I think lunch should be longer and I think that we should have recess.”

Do you think that the main campus is going to be better or worse?I think it going to be better I just wish there was a third floor like here.”

If you could go back and change one class what would you change and why?I think I would change 3D design because I have it every day. It’s boring and we don’t do anything.”

Thank you.