Thomas Dale West Campus Mental and General Welfare

Julien Skelton

Thomas Dale Knightly News went over to the West Campus to put together new stories. I put together two interview and asked the following questions: 

• Are you happy/safe here at Thomas Dale?
  • Do you like the way the teachers teach?
  • Is there anything you would like for the teachers to change?
  • Anything else you would like to speak on?

The first student I interviewed felt safe at West Campus because of all the officers and the way the other kids treated him. His name is Tanner Moore. He keeps to himself most of the time but is not shy to interact with his friends and will always be ready to listen to what you have to say.

What he wanted to touch on the West Campus curricular is, the way the teacher’s teach and how they carry out their information. He replied “I would want them to interact with the students more, and give them more in depth teaching and lessons, and make them feel more involved with what they are learning in their class.”

This next student loves to hangout with friends and more on the chill side of things. Her name Is Allison Seemore. She feels safe at West Campus because of all the officers at West Campus, and she has people she can trust that go to West Campus. Allison does not like how the teachers teach. She said “They just give us work and explain it once, and expect us to understand it fully and complete the work in a set amount of time, it’s ridiculous!” Allison likes when the teacher gives information multiple times and makes sure that information is clear and well explained.

There is a lot of room for improvement for the teachers, and also a lot of information that the kids need to learn. Due to the pandemic, a lot needs to be improved to adapt to different learning styles. 

-Julien Andrew Skelton